2010-02-12

Winter Banner

Here's a fun twist on scrapbooking.  Banners decorated with scrapbook papers, embellishments, and photos.  I love when you can make something scrappy and use it as home decor.    

I've made several banners for clients and finally this season have managed to make one for myself in a winter theme. I placed mine across the frame of a doorway. They look good displayed across fireplace mantles too.  Some of my clients have ordered them to decorate for showers in a coordinating theme. 

For the sample shown, I used winter photos taken from last year and placed them in between the pennants cut in the shape of circles. It's decorated with Melissa Frances paper, satin ribbons, fibers, rustic bells, and the edges are lightly sanded and browned to give it an old look.

I can design a banner  for any occasion such as a birthday, a child's bedroom with his/her name on it, a baby shower, a specific color and they can be as long or short as you want.  I also have enough supplies on hand to make the one shown.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment