2011-02-21

Re-purposing

Lately, I've been addicted to Savers.  I love browsing through their wall of frames.  So many people discard perfectly good frames. I love the old ones, solid maple, or frames that have unique detail.  Last week I was browsing along and came across this cool looking frame. It was white and had a painted pear on it.  I thought it would look great in black but had no idea what I would do with it. I just knew I liked the detail of it.  So I brought it home and re-purposed it~ I used some paper from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop Collection and some Tim Holtz metals.  Threw in a few scraps of coordinating ribbon and a couple of my new vintage flowers.  It was fun!  Something about finding a new purpose for something old tickles my fancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment