2011-08-21

Sunrise Part III

I truly don't want summer to end!  I've been having so much fun photographing the sun this year! My son and I have been tracking the sun rise and sun set on my new "golden hour" app and hitting the local hot spots.  I've NEVER been an early riser but for some strange reason, I don't seem to mind getting up at 5am to catch the sun rise and even funnier, I do it without coffee!  I love my morning coffee and am usually the type who needs it!!!!!  Sharing our sights from this morning.  Today's spot was Duxbury.  I'm in love with the Powder Point bridge.  It' so amazing when you think that someone(well several someones) had to build it and that it connects us to such a wonderful piece of land.  This bridge is all wooden and over 2200 feet long.  She's a beauty!

Left Side


Right Side


 Sunrise from the bridge



 Imagine my excitement when I see this kayaker paddling his way right through the sun.  Hello silhouette!
 It's funny what you notice when your eyes are wide open and your looking for interesting things to photograph.  I was drawn to the words slow as I was watching my sunrise.  
 There were lots of fisherman out on the bridge and bay early this am.  I was drawn to this one.  Loved his gear, his passion for the sport, plus he looked like he was fly fishing with his line waving through the air.  He probably thought I was a nut or pappazzi but I just couldn't resist capturing this perfect stranger in his element. It was cool.  Plus, he reminded me of a Grandad.
 So, we start our journey toward home around 7ish and I notice this turkey strutting his stuff in the street. I cracked up because he was the least bit distracted by me and when I stopped to snap his photo he kept on walking. Just had to get his photo too!  He was cool. Hope no one eats him this November!
Here is is on his perch just staring at me!  Pretty cool morning and what a way to start the day!  Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. I'd love to get up and check out another location but duty calls!  Anyone have any pull with the school system?  I'd like a few more weeks with my family ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment