2012-01-18

Wedding Cake Made of 100% Paper

It's been awhile since I've posted anything to do with paper so I thought I'd do just that tonight.

My mom is incredibly talented and as often as we can we get together over a good idea with paper.  We've had this idea of cakes that can hold photos for awhile. We've seen other versions out there with cake slices that are used for favors and such but we wanted the whole cake and then some!  My mother is often the master mind behind our flowers.  She doesn't use patterns and she has the most creative mind I've ever worked with!  Check out the most recent creation!  It's loaded with beautiful textures.  Imagine this a centerpiece at the wedding?


I'll start with the top layer of the cake

This is the second layer. Each piece is dedicated to a different quote

This is a close up of the second layer so you can see all the paper weaving and detail

The inside of layer two

 This is the bottom layer
 Photos are hidden in each slice of cake.  It was made to fit 4x6 photos and LOTS of them!
 THe entire cake assembled!  




And finally the cake on a handmade pedestal.  Yeah, that's laundry detergent on the floor. Yeah, I should have moved it.  Lazy moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment